Thursday, May 26, 2016

Small Part Storage

This was a quick project done in the 'one day build' style of tested.com.

The build itself was inspired by a video on that site that showed a simple solution to small part storage. (http://www.tested.com/art/makers/45036-inside-adam-savages-man-cave-the-tool-boxes/) That product was too expensive for me so I started looking for some cheaper options that served the same purpose. I settled on some relatively cost effective containers from Stanley and Mastercraft. They have many small containers and you can mix and match the sizes.

The cabinet was sized around efficient use of 1/2 inch and 3/8 inch plywood and the containers themselves. It's on wheels so I can move it around the shop easily and it's great being able to bring the parts to my bench when I need them. The clear container tops help too. It may seem tall and skinny but it's surprisingly stable. I don't think I'll have to worry about it falling over and even if it does, all the containers lock so nothing spills. I haven't bought all the containers yet but will purchase more as I need them.

The finish was just some left over outdoor stain from my fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment